There is a new model in our family of 10+ weather forecast models — HRRR. It provides a great forecast for the continental US.
HRRR is High Resolution Rapid Refresh. The model was developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) of the US. These are the main features:
In HRRR you find temperature (2 m), gusts (10 m), wind speed and direction (10 m), total cloud cover on your spot forecast screen.
Also, you can add the parameters to your custom weather profile.
1. Open Wind and Precipitation Map on the Home screen:
2. Find and open the spot, or choose the favorite or the nearest one from the same Home screen:
3. Set up Weather Profile for your favorite sport — for example, surfing.
4. Choose HRRR in weather forecast models.
5. Get weather data from 10+ weather parameters in a chart and wind rose:
The above is applicable for the app version ≥ 9.1 for iOS. For Android devices, the feature will be available from the next release. Update your Windy.app.
You can always check the version you have in the Main Menu bar — Settings:
Get more news and updates in Windy.app News.