Among 100+ Windy.app features, there are always one or two, or even three small ones that you didn't know about, right? Even if you're a true weather expert using the app. Meanwhile, these may be small, but important features.
For example, you can share the weather forecast for your favorite spot with a friend or a family member. Why share forecast? It's just a great way to invite him or her on the spot.
Here's exactly how you can do it. Let's take iOS as an example:
1. Open the Wind and Precipitation map from the Home screen:
2. Find your spot by location and icon. For example, windsurfing spot Poetto, Italy. Open this spot, but before make it a favorite (another advice here) — tap on a star icon. It then will appear on the Home screen:
4. Here you have the weather forecast for this particular spot. Tap on three dots in the upper right corner:
5. Click on "Share forecast" — and you will get a link:
6. Choose the way I'd like to send it to your friend: Airdrop, iMessages, WhatsApp, Telegram, Gmail or other ways depending on the apps installed on your phone:
7. You can also save a link to your Notes and then open it at any time. From the link you will go back to the spot in the app:
8. Or just copy a link and send it to a friend in a different way.
Text: Windy.app team
Cover photo: tommy-lisbin / unsplash