Among 100+ different Windy.app features, there are always one or two, or even three small ones that you didn't know about, right? Even if you think you're a true weather expert using the app. Meanwhile, these may be small, but important features. For example, did you know that you can share the weather forecast for your favorite spot with a friend or a family member? It's just a great way to invite him or her on the spot.
Here's how you can do it. Let's take iOS as an example:
1. Open the Wind and Precipitation map from the Home screen:
2. Find your spot by location and icon. For example, windsurfing spot Poetto, Italy. Open this spot, but before make it a favorite (another advice here) — tap on a star icon. It then will appear on the Home screen:
4. Here you have the weather forecast for this particular spot. Tap on three dots in the upper right corner:
5. Click on "Share forecast" — and you will get a link:
6. Choose the way I'd like to send it to your friend: Airdrop, iMessages, WhatsApp, Telegram, Gmail or other ways depending on the apps installed on your phone:
7. You can also save a link to your Notes and then open it at any time. From the link you will go back to the spot in the app:
8. Or just copy a link and send it to a friend in a different way.
Cover photo: tommy-lisbin / unsplash.