Among 100+ Windy.app features, there are always one or two, or even three small ones that you didn't know about, right? Even if you're a true weather and outdoor expert using the app. Meanwhile, these may be small, but important features.
For example, you can write a review of your favorite spot for kitesurfing, sailing marina or any general spot for traveling. Why to write a review? That way you get a free Pro version of the app for one month to evaluate its most interesting features, and at the same time help us to make the app better — we will add your feedback to the Spot Info section, so the other users get basic information about the spot. And good things always come back to people.
Here's exactly how you can do it. Let's take iOS as an example:
1. Search and open the spot where you've done sport and outdoor activities at least once and know it well. For example, hiked last summer in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in the US. Then, click on the "Info" icon to the left of the spot name.
2. Choose the main sport you can do on this spot. In the app, there are yachting, diving, kitesurfing, windsurfing, surfing, and fishing. For hiking spots like national parks and other similar areas, as well as for general spots without sports like cities, select "Travel".
3. Answer a few simple questions:
In some questions select items from the list, and in some give a detailed answer if you have the wish and the time to do so. Answering all questions is not required, but very desirable — so we will have more information about the spot.
4. Upload photos of the spot. It is enough from 2-3 to 10 photos.
Do not forget to include the name and location of the spot in the beginning of the review and your email at the end — that's how we will activate the Windy.app Pro version for you as soon as the information is uploaded. At the end click on the "Send" button.
5. Go to the spot a bit later to check how the information about the spot looks like. For example, there is paraglyding spot in Cornizzolo, Italy. If there is something wrong with it, write to support at [email protected]. Do the same if you notice a mistake or wrong photo on a spot that already has information.
Write more reviews for other spots in the same way. There is no limit. Thank you for your review and being an active member of the Windy.app Community!
Cover photo: Peter-thomas / Unsplash