Among 100+ Windy.app features, there are always one or two, or even three small ones that you didn't know about, right? Even if you're a true weather expert using the app. Meanwhile, these may be small, but important features.
For example, you can change the colorts of the Wind Map — the main feature in the app. Why change the colors? To make it easier to see in different lighting or just because that's the mood you're in today.
Here's exactly how you can do it. Let's take iOS as an example:
1. Open the Wind map from the Home screen or a Spot screen:
2. Click once on the color scale at the top of the map to go to its Settings:
3. Now you can see what this or that color means on the map: blue — little wind, green to red — more wind, purple — too much wind. Remove those colors that you "don't like":
4. You can even delete all the colors on the map:
5. Then click on "+" to add new colors. Choose it on the scale or the one of the ready-colors we suggest below. At the same time, set the color for the specific wind speed choosing the number. Then repeat the procedure several times — as many colors as you want to see on the map.
6. For example, if you select only purple, the map will look like this. A completely different look!
7. Or the yellow one:
8. The new colors are recorded in your new Custom weather profile at the top of the same page. To reset your color choices, delete the profile.
9. The map will revert back to the default view:
10. Share your personal Wind map on social media with the hashtag #windyapp!
Text: Windy.app team
Cover photo: william / unsplash.